Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"News and Pocket Screws"

Well kids, things are kind of quiet for the moment.  We've had many meetings in the past weeks, with lots of great people and great companies (including HGTV).  It's an ebb and flow...a flurry of activity, then  quiet - which is totally fine, that's all part of the process.  During times like these, I try and be proactive and do things that are in my control, like noodling around on LinkedIn and building my contact list.  I LOVE LinkedIn, it is such an important and useful tool.  Today, for example, the vice president of a major tv network group accepted my friend request...fantastic!  Sounds kind of nerdy I know, but as minute as it is, he now has my name somewhere on his computer, and maybe even filed away in his head.  The more people that hear my name and my story that are involved with getting a show on the air, the better.  As long as it's not annoying an intrusive - which I try not to be.  It is a small step yes, but a step in the right direction nonetheless in the making of a home renovation show.
Now, for some information you can actually use.  I just finished building some cabinets for our kitchen, mostly out of walnut to accent some of the other walnut pieces.  For the past couple of years, I have been using pocket screws to create the faceframes.  Pocket screw joinery is simple, and strong.  It can be used in a variety of ways to hold two pieces of wood together creating a super tight fit.  Here you can see me joining perpendicular pieces of the faceframe with pocket screws and a little bit of glue.  Rockler has a great selection of pocket screw jigs and accessories from Kreg - one of the leaders in pocket screw technology.  

0 comments:

post a comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Making of a Home Renovation Show © 2010

PSD to Blogger Templates by OOruc & PSDTheme by PSDThemes