Monday, March 8, 2010

"Before and After...The Sunroom, er, I mean PLAYroom"


So here is what I had to work with; a bedroom on the main floor which was dying to become a sunroom.  

By taking out the unused door and putting in a set of double-hung windows, it set the scene for a cozy reading nook.  I made everything from scratch out of mostly poplar and stock molding.  To contrast the painted white trim, I laid distressed walnut wide plank engineered flooring, over radiant heat panels.  The floor was a breeze to put in, it took me barely a day. The radiant panels however, took a while, and were fairly costly to have plumbed; but that even warmth underfoot was well worth it!

After I commissioned my mom to create the roman shades and pillows for the storage bench, the nook was complete. Though, like in most families with young children, my sunroom gradually changed into more of a playroom.  But you know what?  Even better!

0 comments:

post a comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Making of a Home Renovation Show © 2010

PSD to Blogger Templates by OOruc & PSDTheme by PSDThemes