Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Before and After..Kitchen Corner Quagmire"

A lonely, unused corner of a kitchen, where a cast iron radiator used to live. What should I do?  I could simply repair the walls, and put an antique hutch there....or I could build some simple shelves...or even a corner cupboard...




In the end, I decided to play off the walnut pieces and white trim in the rest of the kitchen, and build a walnut & white wall unit.  Sort of a command center for the kitchen.  I made it a little higher than standard counter height, so you could stand and check your email,  or write a check...


I made the drawers with dovetail joinery, and used full-extension, soft closing concealed drawer slides...


This "door" is actually an ebay find.  It was an old window that I converted into a door.  I decided not to paint it, you can't duplicate that patina...














Not a bad transformation? Let's hope HGTV likes it, in the making of a home renovation show.

0 comments:

post a comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Making of a Home Renovation Show © 2010

PSD to Blogger Templates by OOruc & PSDTheme by PSDThemes